You ordered large fruit punches all around.
你為店里的客人們點了大份的水果酒

The kids were so happy.
孩子們高興壞了

You asked about our adobo pizza,
你還問我們店里的鹵肉披薩好吃嗎

said the kids were interested,
你說孩子們都很感興趣

I told you you wouldn't regret it.
我告訴你,點一份,你肯定不會后悔

The little one asked for a mini adobo fried rice omelette.
你的小女兒說想要迷你鹵肉披薩,炸薯條和檸檬水

You said whatever she wants.
你說就依她的辦

I asked if anyone wanted anything else.
我問有沒有其他人想點別的東西

The big kid wanted the lechon sisig cheese fries.
大孩子想要菲式口味的奶酪炸豬肉

You said before anything else,
你說,首先

what was my total at.
我一共要付多少錢

I told you about $34.
我告訴你,大概34美元

You politely said no,
你禮貌的說,不對

that would be it.
這樣才對

I noticed the two $20s you had crumpled in your hand.
我注意到你手中有兩張揉皺了的20美元的鈔票

My father, raised me and my brother pretty much by himself
我想起了我的父親,他養活了我和我的弟弟,基本上全憑他自己

and even though we struggled,
雖然我們生活艱辛

he always made sure we ate.
他卻總能保證我們有飯吃

I lost him last year.
去年我失去了他

Now I don't know
此刻,我不知道

if these kids' mother was not in the picture,
這三個孩子的母親是不是也不在了

or just at work or something,
或者只是在上班,或者其他的情況

but it was just so nice to see a father being good to his kids.
但看到一個父親對自己的三個孩子這樣慈愛,我仍感到歡喜

I wish I could have given you those lechon sisig cheese fries.
真希望我能親手把奶酪炸豬肉端給你

But all I could do
但我唯一能做的

was keep those fruit punches coming to your kids,
就是不斷的把水果酒遞到你的孩子們手中

who were chugging them down enthusiastically,
看著他們興沖沖的大口吞下手中的飲料

but being so polite.
言談卻十分禮貌

I wanted to just take those fruit punches off your tab;
我真想在你的賬單上劃去水果酒的費用

I would have paid for them myself
我本打算自己支付那些水果酒的費用

(I wouldn't steal from work)
我當然不會讓自己工作的店蒙受損失

but the owner was right there.
可是老板就在那里

I then wanted to give you big jumbo cups to go
后來我又想給你換成可以帶走的超大杯

so your kids could take home all the fruit punch they wanted
這樣,你的三個孩子想把多少水果酒帶回家都可以

(something we offer to those who ask,)
我們一般會對想要買超大杯的人提供這種東西,

but I was rushed to cash you out.
但我不得不盡快給你結賬

All I could do was give you the best service I could,
我唯一能做的就是向你們提供最好的服務

despite it being busy
盡管我十分忙碌

and other customers being demanding,
盡管其他的客人都在吆喝

and say, "Happy Early Father's day"
我只能說一句“父親節快樂”

when I cashed you out.
然后把零錢遞給你

I hope that was enough to show you
希望這足夠讓你看到

how much just you and your three kids' presence made my day.
你和你三個孩子今天的表現,如何讓我的一整天充滿幸福

But the look in your eye when you said,
我看到你眼中的神情,當你說

"Thank you, I really appreciate it,"
“謝謝你,我很看重你的祝?!?/div>

told me that you sincerely did.
這讓我知道,你一定明白了我的意思